
Well, here it is November 4th, and I'm just now getting around to blogging about Halloween. This just goes to show just how often I get time on the computer. It will be nice when Brian can get his own computer for work.
Halloween was great fun. The four older kids were all dressed up and ready to go at least 45 minutes early. I made them green mac and cheese for dinner, and they hardly ate any of it. They just couldn't eat with all the excitement.



We started our Halloween fun with carving the pumpkins. I know...kinda late on that one. Anyway, Brian went to a bunch of stores, and everybody was out of pumpkin carving tools. We ended up using our steak knives, ans praying the whole time that the kids wouldn't cut themselves. Brian and I ended up doing most of the carving, because it was so hard to carve with those knives. The kids designed there own faces and they turned out pretty good. Ethan and Eli shared a pumpkin, so that one had two faces. After pumpkin carving, all the guys went downstairs to watch Star Wars, all the while asking every 3 minutes if it was time to go trick or treating.

We had a new experience with trick or treating this year. We actually got to go in our OWN neighborhood! We've always been too far out in the country, or surrounded by party poopers to go out in our own neighborhood. In light of this, Ethan and Eli asked if they could go out be themselves. WHAT!?!?!?! But these are my BABIES! They aren't old enough to do that!!!! Nevertheless, after much wrestling with myself, I decided they could. They had to go with me to a couple of houses first, so I could at least get a couple of pictures. AND, they had to take my cell phone. AND, they had to be COVERED in glow sticks. Needless to say, they had a great time. The funny thing was, I got home AFTER they did. I had Jacob and Katie with me and it was fun just to walk around with them, and listen to what they had to say about all the decorations. Katie said everything was scary. Jacob thought it was cool. Jacob was doing the pee-pee dance most of the time. He absolutely REFUSED to go home to go to the bathroom (even though we were right across the street.) The kids all made out pretty good. Ethan did get a hole in his bag, so he lost half of his, but still had a pretty good amount. I totally overshot on the amount of candy I bought. I thought there would have been more kids, but we still have a TON left. Brian is going to use it to bribe his sunday school class to be good.

All in all, everybody had a great time, and the kids are STILL hyped up on all that sugar. We drove by a dentists office offering to buy all your candy. Think I can convince the kids to give it all up?:)

1 comment:
Good luck with the dentist idea. I have to have Jared sneak it to work, without the kids knowing. So it just magically disappears at our house.
You are a brave mother for letting the boys go solo, i guess it is a rather mellow and safe neighborhood!!!
Glad you had a fun Halloween.
Post a Comment