Friday, November 7, 2008

Snow bunnies

We woke up on Wednesday morning to a beautiful blanket of snow. All the kids were excited. Well, almost. Ethan is our negative one, and he was CONVINCED that all the snow would be melted by the time they got home from school. I couldn't resist giving him an "I told you so" when he got home. He took it like a man:) We had to run out and buy some snow boots for all the kids, as their feet were soaking wet by the time they got home. Do you guys know how expensive those suckers are?!?!? AND, I had to buy 4 pairs! The ones I had gotten at the DI for Katie a couple of months ago were already too small.

After we got home, the kids threw on their boots and headed outside. They all had a great time.



Katie's favorite part was eating the snow. She's our little ice princess!



Eli couldn't resist throwing the snowballs at me. I guess I'm an easy target, what with trying to run and take pictures at the same time! That's Jacob in the background shoveling snow off the grass. What a good boy!




Even Katie got in on the action!



Ethan worked on making a big snowman.



Jacob loved making giant snow balls.




Here's one of Brian and Emily.



So far we (and by that I mean I) are enjoying the cold weather. Who'd a thunk it? Of course, I haven't had time to get tired of it yet, so I still have plenty of time to change my mind!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a better mom than me. I used the excuse that I didn't have boots to keep them inside. It's not the boots, it seems everyone has outgrown their coats too. Joy!

Anonymous said...

When you get tired of the snow. Oh yes, you will, come see us. We rarely see any. It gets cold but not that cold. I love St. George:D Your family is so cute. It looks as though your husband liked the snow too. Sure love you , Aunt Minon

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.