Monday, March 8, 2010

Jacob can ride a two wheeler!




Okay, this happened last week, but I haven't had time to blog about it until now.

Last Monday, as we were walking home from the bus stop, I noticed Jacob was hardly using his training wheels when going straight. I suggested taking them off for him. He was excited about the idea, but got distracted playing on the computer, so we ended up doing it after school on Tuesday. I had him take them off himself, so he couldn't blame me when he crashed:) I took him out to the middle of the street, and held on for about 5 steps before letting go. He just kept going. He stopped about 30 ft. away from me. I walked over to help him start again, and before I had taken 2 steps with him, he told me to let go. This time he didn't stop, and even turned around to come back. On his 3rd try, he started all by himself and has been riding like a pro ever since. That was the easiest time I've had teaching someone to ride a bike:) Of course, watching him, I realize his bike was too small for him. His seat is as high as it will go, and his knees are almost touching the handle bars. Lucky for Jacob, he remembers that I had told him last year that we would get him a new bike if he learned how to ride without training wheels. And since he already knew we had to go to the store that day, why not get one then? Lucky for us, he liked the cheap one:)

No comments: