I came home from Church on Sunday in a pretty good mood. Brian was sick, so once again, I had to take all the kids to church by myself. The miracle was, there wasn't any fighting! They were all very well behaved. Emily only screamed once, and that was because she had fallen down and hit her head on the pew. Miracle of miracles! So, I was in a good mood, and I still had yet to figure out what to make for dinner. I opened the freezer to get some ideas, and to my surprise the stuff inside wasn't frozen. I had discovered the remains of a dead refrigerator. Brian thought/hoped it was just some dirty coils, so I vacuumed them out. They were pretty filthy, to be honest. I don't think I've cleaned them out since moving here. So we crossed our fingers and hoped for the best. The best was not to come. I got up the next morning, and the freezer was even warmer than the day before. The kids and I all spent about 10 minutes transferring food to the outside refrigerator. That's when I discovered the defrosted bag of blueberries had leaked their juice all over. Anyway, that fridge is a lot smaller than the inside one, so I had to pick and choose what would stay and what would be thrown out. I spent some time online checking out refrigerators, but you can't really get a good feel about them off of just a couple of pictures. Brian and I headed out as soon as he got home. We hit a couple of stores, and on our third one, we found our fridge. It's a lot bigger than our last one. It's also a side by side. The thing my kids love the most is the water and ice in the door. We've never had that before. Jacob is so excited we will never have to buy ice again. I talked the sales guy into free delivery and haul away. They delivered this afternoon, and Brian went out to buy some part that we needed to hook up the water. The excitement of the kids as they saw water coming out of the door for the first time was kinda funny. Who needs Disneyland, right?


So here's to you, old fridge. May your days in the dump be long and hopefully not too moldy. You have served us well for a fridge we got off of Craigslist. Salute!

No comments:
Post a Comment