Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Will wonders never cease


About 6 weeks ago, Ethan started throwing fits every time I wanted to kiss him goodbye as he left for school. I wanted to respect his "coolness" so I brought it down to just a hug. He still fought. Tried to get by me as fast as he could. He got very angry with me. I thought about it. My goal had simply been to let him know I love him every morning before his day started. I realized it was only starting his day off with anger. About 3 weeks ago, I stopped all attempts at touching him, and just settled with yelling "I LOVE YOU" as he ran down the street. You'd think that would cause more damage to his "coolness" than a private hug inside the walls of our home. Anyway can you imagine my surprise when this morning, on the way out the door, Ethan stops and GIVES ME A HUG!!!!!! I'm still in shock.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Chances are, he is hoping that will keep you from yelling it to the world! Ha ha! He's a good kid.