Friday, March 27, 2009

I made that!

I am SOOO not a crafty person. I don't sew, paint, glue, scrapbook, or anything else that would require an inkling of creativity.(I know..I moved to the wrong state, right?) That said, I must say, I am very proud of myself. Ever since Katie has had hair, and I've been able to put things in it, I have wanted to learn how to make hair bows for her. All the really cute ones in the store are too outrageously expensive. So, for my birthday this year, I bought a few things to try and make them myself. I kept putting it off, because I really had no idea what I was doing. Well, my sister in law and aunt in law came over yesterday for our weekly play date and brought all their stuff, too. Julie had a TON of ribbon she was willing to share and since she had already learned a few things, she showed us how to make a couple. My first couple of tries turned out a little lopsided, but then I made this one.
Not too shabby for a beginner. I think the three of us have decided that this would be fun to do every week. And who knows, maybe after we have hair bows coming out our ears, we'll move onto something else, like jewelry!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Wow way cute! I miss you guys! It's hard to not have family around. Thank you so much for all of your help and support with our move. Brian was such a big help loading stuff. Thank you Thank you!