For months, he asked for a water gun for his birthday. When my mom called and asked me what he wanted for his birthday, she was a little dubious with his request, especially since his birthday happens to be in the winter. But, that's what he wanted, so being a good Grandma, that's what she got him. He was so excited to open that box. He was sure grandma had gotten him his beloved squirt gun. Good thing Grandma didn't disappoint!
The highlight of his birthday was his "big" gift. I was really excited about this one, too. I had been searching on KSL (like craigslist) for something for him. Since Brian has been unemployed since August, money was tight. Amazingly, I found a set of 2 power wheels that somebody was selling for dirt cheap! I called him right away, and they were still available. Brian went out that night and picked them up. My neighbor hid them in her garage for me. I decided to give him the truck for his birthday, and see if somebody else could use the other one for Christmas (that didn't work out, so now I have both..kids are happy about that.) Anyway, I went and got the truck from my neighbor while Jacob was in school. I put it in the garage and covered it with a tarp.

After his brothers got home from school, we all went out to the garage to watch Jacob "uncover" his present. He was so surprised and excited. He just kept running his hands over it. He was a little nervous about driving at at first, but then Katie got in and put the pedal to the metal. Well, Jacob wasn't about to be shown up by his little sister. He had her move over and he took over.


Jacob drove that thing until it died. Katie rode with him the whole time. I have to give props to the older boys. They've been asking for one of these for years, and they were really good sports about it. They were a little disappointed that they couldn't ride, but overall, they were just happy for Jacob. Jacob now knows how to park it, unplug it, and plug in the charger. Too cute!
After the afternoon of driving, we had family over for his "party" aka opening presents and playing with them.



Overall, it was a great birthday. Jacob loved all his presents, and can't wait for summer, so he can hose his brothers with his new gun.

1 comment:
What a fun birthday! I'm glad we could come enjoy the evening with you all. We really do need to get together again, especially the kids. I'll call you!
Post a Comment