One of our favorite things to do as a couple is to eat at diners. Mostly desserts. We don't get many opportunities, but when we do, we always have a great time. One of our favorites is in Colorado Springs called Black Bear Coffee & Tea. The menu is a newspaper and the food is fantastic. Anyway, Brian got a refund check from his school grant, so we decided to introduce the kids to the wonders of diners:) We chose to take them to one close to home called One Man Band for dessert. To order, there is a phone at your table, and you "call" the cook, and tell them what you want. Jacob and Katie ordered ice cream cones. Ethan and I ordered a brownie with ice cream and Brian ordered apple pie with ice cream. The best one of all, though, was Eli's. He ordered a root beer float. But, not just any root beer float. This was a
32 oz. root beer float. This was the biggest root beer float I had ever seen! We took pictures with Brian's phone, so it's not the best quality, but you can see just how big that thing was.

He did pretty good about finishing it. He was very determined to eat it all, but had to leave about an inch in the bottom, because he was so full. I don't know where he was able to put the rest of it!

Everybody else really loved their desserts and can't wait to go back. Brian and I are going to have to do some research as to where there are more diners to try.



2 comments:
Aunt Minon and I used to eat there many times, honey. They have one down here in St. George too (hint, hint)! :D
-- Unc Tom
I love One Man Band! It was always fun to take people there who'd never been and see their reaction to how things worked!
I love Emily's expression in the last picture, like she can't believe Eli ate the whole thing too! :D
Post a Comment