Jacob lost his first tooth! His tooth had been loose for a few weeks, so I knew it was coming. Friday, after school, he sat down to eat lunch. As soon as he took his first bite, there was pain. I took a look and sure enough, it was bleeding a little. I felt it, and I knew it was definitely time to come out. Jacob was very leery of me pulling it out, so he gave it a good ten tries himself before he let me try. I barely had to put any effort into it before it was out. Jacob was fine until he looked in the mirror and saw the hole and the blood. That's when he started freaking out a little. I got him calmed down by showing him he could now stick his tongue through his teeth. He thought that was pretty cool. He was very excited for the Tooth Fairy to come. Unfortunately, the Tooth Fairy forgot. Fortunately she remembered and snuck into the house when we were all busy and retrieved his tooth. In its place, she left a dollar. I asked Jacob how in the world the Tooth Fairy could have possibly gotten past the mess in his room to get to his tooth. His reply? (Very sarcastically) "Mom, she has wings." So, his day was saved, and he got to go to the dollar store, where he picked out a bag of candy to rot out the rest of his teeth.

No comments:
Post a Comment