Saturday, January 2, 2010

Great start to the new year!

Brian FINALLY had a day off! Even when he's not working his fraud job, he's got accounting work to do for some of his personal clients through his company, or he's got homework to do. So, in light of this wonderful gift, I decided to make the most of it. I wanted to go out and have some FUN as a family for a change. I got some new snow bibs for Christmas, so I wanted to go sledding. You'd think living in Utah, it would be easy to find a good spot to go sledding. Well, it's not. We drove around for almost TWO HOURS trying to find a decent spot that wasn't crowded. All the places we saw, had tons of people and almost all the snow had been wiped off the hillside. We were just about to give up and go home, when we found a little basin type place. Nobody was around! I couldn't believe our luck! The hill was the perfect size. Not too big for the younger kids, and big enough for the older ones to go fast. We all piled out of the car and the boys immediately started down the hill. Katie tried going by herself once, but got a face full of snow, so she was content with just riding down with other people. I don't think I have ever had so much fun in the snow. Growing up, the only snow we ever got to play in was already rock hard by the time we got to it, and we only had jeans and tennis shoes, so we got soaking wet and cold really fast. This time, I had the bibs, and boots, so I was actually sweating! We stayed about an hour, and at the end, I was pooped! We are definitely going again. The boys are calling for Monday for FHE, and I think I like that idea:) I hope this great day is just a hint of what is in store for us this year.







Happy new year all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why is Brian not wearing a coat? :)

Lisa said...

He's already naturally insulated.