Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Newbie blogger

Ok...I have been asked quite a few times if I blog. The answer has always been "no." I didn't know how. So some good friends came to my rescue yesterday and showed me how to set up a blog. (Thanks Elizabeth and Sarah!) I don't know how often I will be able to post, since between Brian's new business and his school, he's on the computer 95% of the day. I guess I'll start by telling you a little about my family. Brian and I have been married for almost 10 years. We have five beautiful children. Ethan is our oldest at 9 years old. Eli is 7, Jacob will be five in December, Katie is two and a half, and Emily is 3 months. We just moved to Utah a few months ago. So far we like it, but I might change my mind after it starts snowing. I'm very much a warm weather kind of girl.

Brian has started a new business doing bookkeeping for small businesses. He's currently looking for a job to supplement our income until his company really takes off. He's also going to school online to get his accounting degree. Needless to say, he's really busy! I also keep busy taking care of our home and kids. We have been really blessed that I have been able to stay home to raise our kids, and not have to work outside the home.

Ethan is the child that will make my hair turn gray. He already has said that he likes to do dangerous things. He loves doing stunts on his bike, and he's made my heart stop quite a few times with some of them. I am really surprised he hasn't broken any bones. So far he's only had stitches a couple of times. Ethan loves to read. He's almost done with Tom Sawyer. I'm sure he's getting more ideas from that book! Ethan is also very good with his younger sisters. I can always count on him to take care of Emily when I am really busy.

Eli is our sweet boy. He gets along with everybody. He's the peacekeeper in our family. He loves to read Katie a story every night. Eli also loves to help me cook. No matter what I'm making, he wants to learn how to do it. Eli also loves to ride his bike to his friends houses and then bring them back here. My snack cupboard seems to empty really fast lately!

Jacob is our comedian. He's always trying to get us to laugh. His favorite movie is Harry Potter. He is constantly humming the theme song for that movie or Star Wars. He is actually going to be Harry Potter for Halloween. Jacob loves to try and figure out how things are made, and comes up with his own inventions that he will build when he grows up.

Katie is definitely the princess. She was our first girl, and she is very much a girlie girl. Even her first word was "shoes." She gets into more stuff than all of the boys combined did. She was able, at 15 months old, to open the fridge, get a yogurt, go get a spoon from the drawer, open the yogurt, and start eating. She's my one that draws on the walls, and climbs the shelves to get the sweets. She loves babies, and always wants to help take care of Emily. She is definitely a Daddy's girl. All she has to say is "please, daddy" and give Brian a kiss, and she gets just about whatever she wants.

Emily is a very sweet baby. She is by far our most mellow baby. I think Eli was that way, too, but I have a hard time remembering how he was as a baby, since a lot of our attention was focused on Ethan. Judging by his temperament now, I would say that he was mellow also. Anyway, Emily only cries when she's hungry, and sleeps through most of the night. She looks just like Ethan with dark hair and dark eyes. Ethan finally has someone in the family that looks like him! All the other kids have blond hair and blue eyes!

So, that's my family. I'll do my best to keep you updated on our "misadventures!"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa. I found your blog. It' cute and I like your background. Once again I am so sorry for Jack. I owe you!

MamaStNick said...

Hey Lisa- a fellow blogger! You have a beautiful family and am so glad to be in touch with you again. Blogging is great isn't it?

Sarah said...

Here I thought I might get to be the first to comment on you blog, but I'm late. You did a great job. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I do.

The Mitchell Family said...

Astoundingly beautiful family... I look forward to more of your blogging!
And more pictures... get some up of you and Brian, too!!!!

Your Mom ;-)
aka The Gramma

Crafty Lady said...

Welcome to the blogging world. It such a great way of keeping in touch. I'm looking forward to more posts.

Dad said...

Welcome honey! You can check out the blogs of your cousins (and Aunt Minon and me) at smughesinc.blogspot.com.

Five kids?! Five kids?? (groan) I'm gettin' old. ;D

You did a great job with your first blog and post! (You get it from me, y'know)
--Uncle Tom (not really Dad)