Thursday, December 4, 2008

2:00 AM

At 2:00 this morning, Emily had already been up for a half an hour. She just didn't want to go back to sleep after I had fed her. At around 2:15, she was finally starting to settle down, when I heard Katie whimpering over the monitor. I got up to check on her and ran right into Jacob in the hallway. He had had a bad dream. We talked in the hallway for a few minutes, and he agreed that he would dream about driving his new truck instead of his bad dreams. He went back to bed. In the meantime, Katie had gotten more insistent with her whining. I went in there and she said she wanted to sleep in my bed. I told her no since Emily was already there and I didn't want her to wake her up. I sat on her bed and cuddled her for a few minutes, and we talked about what she wanted to dream about. She wanted to dream about riding a horse with Uncle Adam and an elephant with me. Then I asked if she wanted to ride anything else, and she said a giant rooster pig. I don't know what a rooster pig is, but she wants to ride one. So, I got her to lay down and I went back to bed, because Emily was crying again. I gave her her pacifier and she quieted down a little bit. Then Katie came in and said her tummy hurt. I got her to the bathroom just in time for her to throw up in the bathtub. I cleaned her up and put her on my side of the bed. I took Emily back to her bed and turned on her musical light thing, because she was wide awake, and I needed to take care of Katie. The three of us girls didn't get back to sleep until about 4:30. In between that time, I got up and rocked Emily twice, and helped Katie throw up 3 more times.

I think I need a nap.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you need a nap too! Call me and the kids can come and play.

Have Katie draw a picture of a giant rooster pig. I want to see what that is!

Sarah said...

You poor thing! Do whatever you feel like doing today. . .I know, impossible with kids. But try. You are totally justified!

Anonymous said...

Your descriptions were almost comical, almost. What a good mommy you are. When I see you in pictures I see your mom. You are beautiful. This day was a while ago but I dare bet you have had a few others about the same since then. Love you, Aunt Minon

Elizabeth said...

I have decided that naps were invented for Moms. Both because when the kids take them seems like the only time that you can get something done and because Moms need them if not everyday at least once a week. Quilt Free Naps!